
That thing is disturbing.
It's Halloween almost and I had an interesting conversation the other day about ghosts.
I have a few questions for each of you:
Do you believe in ghosts?
If so, can they be mean? Are they here to harm us, if they want? Can they haunt us for no reason at all (seemingly)? Are they clueless about our "dimension"? What's it like on the Other Side, keeping your above answers in mind? How do ghosts fit into the Plan? Do they obey Laws or Boundaries set by God?
If each of you would click on the comments link and take the time to answer these questions or write an essay about the subject, please do. I have my own ideas, but I wanted to hear it from really wise people.
3 comments:
First, who knew so much plastic surgery could do that do your face. Poor Michael Jackson, as if he didn't have enough problems.
Second, as a wise person here is my view on "ghosts..." I don't believe that a person who has died can come back and haunt you, harm you, or leave messages. I believe in the spirits who followed Satan. I believe they can hurt you. There are many examples in Church history and the scriptures. I believe that a person who has died and lived a righteous life can have the chance to do a few things, like comfort the family they are leaving, and other such things. Just not bad things.
"Large Marge sent me!"
Good question, Dave. I thought about that a lot when we first moved into our house--since a murder had taken place there. And, I had to think of the scriptures where the Savior cast the evil spirits from a man into a pig and it jumped off the cliff. Someone told me once Joseph Smith cast evil spirits out of a home--don't know where you can find that either or if it's really true. Plus, Joseph Smith's experience in the grove. It makes me thinks these things do happen. I don't think any of us really understand why. I did some research in Mormon doctrine and concluded that if you're doing what's right, the Lord will protect you. Especially with the power of the priesthood.
Post a Comment