May 5, 2008

The Rennaissance Festival

So, some friends suggested we all go to the rennaissance festival together this year. It was an experience, for sure. What do you get when you add "trekkies", swords, chain maille, the ability to call a woman "wench" without getting slapped, and, of course, beer? You get what you see in the background of the pictures below:
Savannah and Maya posing near the front gates.


Three of my four girls. But I cannot but help notice the lack of clothing displayed behind them--especially on the guy without pants. I believe all he had on was maille.


I did this a lot. The festival grounds were huge. It was a pretty nice place to have a conglomeration of planned and passive freak shows. This one happened to be the birds of prey show. An owl flew right over Savannah--she thought that was pretty cool.


My hero. This guy is the epitomy of class, isn't he? I must confess, I saw him a furlong or two behind his current position, and double-backed to get this photo-op. It was well worth it. Now, he can remain immortalized here for all to reverently adore and, perchance upon gazing on this image alone, we too might obtain his state of being (I just couldn't bear to use the word 'glory' there).


Kids had way too much fun and are ready to go. Maya's laying in Maggie's car seat.

3 comments:

M A Haddox said...

Quote: "What do you get when you add "trekkies", swords, chain maille, the ability to call a woman "wench" without getting slapped, and, of course, beer? You get what you see below: Savannah and Maya posing near the front gates."

Did you just tell us that your children were the products of a renaissance festival? I need to find out when the next one comes to town!!

Pure Golding said...

That looks so interesting. We don't get much here but rodeos and country singers trying to make it big. We are looking at moving somewhere more "fun" but so far no luck. Your girls are so adorable! I don't know how you did it! Must've been Karen side of the fam!

Haddorkus said...

This is just me but when I think Renaissance I think over-abundance of clothes. Not slinky bikini top with flowy skirt. And that dude without pants? Oh man. I have never been to a Renaissance Festival but now am thinking that it will be on my must do list. I love nothing better than a freak show.

To answer your what do you get question? You get something much worse than Trekkies, you get role-players.