Being a Geologist is pretty tough sometimes. This trip was one of those times. You'd think I would have loved it, though--in fact, I did. It was tough because they cut it short so we could go home and prepare for Hurricane Ike. I kept telling them my family would be fine without me.

Look what we do on these trips--look at rocks! FUN! We're looking at an anolog for what my team is drilling in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico.

Oregon is cold--freezing cold--and windy.

Oregon is also beautiful.

And pretty.

And just plain cool.

We ate lumch here.

We're being taught here about deepwater depositional environments. The orange vests aren't because we're going hunting with Dick Cheney after this lecture.
2 comments:
Where exactly were you in Oregon? I'm seeing the coast there, but were you up North by Depot Bay or further down South?
I've never eaten lumch. Is it good?
Post a Comment