May 15, 2010

The Shed


Karen and I have always wanted a shed to store things in (like dead bodies). Especially since the new car is so big, we need to clean out the garage to park both cars in it. I am both proud and irritated by this project. Proud because I did this whole thing from scratch. I even did all the calculations and drew-up my own plans. Irritated because I know better than to ever do this again. First of all, I poured the cement--2500 lbs of it (dry)! Second of all, when you make the plans, every cut takes too much time to calculate the hypotenuse and adjacent lengths, etc. I'd rather just buy some plans, follow instructions, then make the cuts plain and simple. In any case, I've learned a lot and have really enjoyed it. The siding blew over in the wind--twice--and broke. I had to make a lot of little pieces to get it to work. Currently, it has the roof on. I will get some pictures soon, but don't hold your breath.

No comments: