January 24, 2011

Almost Lost One At the Beach

Warning: Online Content Not Rated--Risk of Exposure to Flubber!

What's that?! Do you see the kid way out there in the water?

Here's where I start realizing that Savannah isn't coming back in on her own power. The dillema is, I have Maggie, Maya's swimming next to me, Karen and Mom are back at the car watching Ezra and it's too far to shout anything they can hear to realize the situation.

I have to hope Savannah wont drift too far while I send Maggie in with Maya in a shallow enough area for them to walk. Notice how Karen is capturing all this on film without a clue what's going on. You can't blame her--I just think it's funny its caught on camera.

"Karen! Get the girls!" She had no idea why I was pointing. But I didn't want Maggie to drown while saving Savannah, so I hoped she understood what I meant. No luck, but the girls were okay.

See. They made it fine.
Savannah did too. She was way out there. No pictures of it, but it took her a ton of swimming just to stay in place-relatively-so I could get to her.

2 comments:

Stina said...

Ah! So scary! Way to be a responsible parent! As for Karen....not so much!

littlegloria TREASURESREBORN said...

Thanks for uploading this "finally." At first I thought you were at the beach on January 24th! Silly Me! Love, Mom