
I was right off amazed at how many platforms I saw out there. I counted 50+ just out in one direction. Even more amazing is the fact that, in the Gulf of Mexico, many more of the platforms have been dismantled and are no longer in view--there must have been hundreds.

The two near platforms are ones I am working with for my project. I landed on the tall white structure off to the right. The larger structure out in the distance is a jack-up rig drilling a well.

These are well-heads from wells that used to produce and have since been plugged with cement and abandoned.
1 comment:
That's awesome! I am always curious about what it is you actually do. Besides make tons of money off of our high gas prices! :) I am sorry we won't get to see you for Spring Break. When are you leaving for VA? Our Spring break is the last week of March.
Post a Comment