
Well, it finally happened this morning...our Xterra drove off for the last time. We loved that car, but out grew it. I remember when we bought it. It was the biggest risk we ever took financially. Based on some miscommunicated information about moving to Texas for the internship, we had decided it would be best to get a truck. I was making $400 per month at the time. With food and rent and utilities, there was no way we'd be able to pay for this, but the internship paid much more, so we were able to buy it with proof of the promise note that stated I would be hired for a certain amount of money. It was crazy, but we decided that if I did not get the job we would be able to sell it and then pay off the difference of depreciation and just call it a loss. Fortunately, that never happened and we were able to save up enough in car payments to return to school for four months and barely make it back to Houston in time for a first paycheck to come in as our account was completely drained. (Thanks to Angie and Mike for letting us live with them for two weeks to help us save money.)Regardless of how risky a decision it was when we bought it, we have loved it and would have driven it untill our kids were old enough to drive. We're going to miss the memories we had with that car.
No comments:
Post a Comment