September 3, 2010

Shed Construction - Phase... (I lost track)

All right, so the roof is on and hardi-plank is up. It's amazing how a rickety shed frame could be so solid with the simple addition of cement board. It was a pain in the butt though.
I had just enough hardi-board (cement board siding) to finish the project (because each 4' x 8' sheet is $30) and, after all of the sheets were cut and measured, I leaned them up on the shed, then heard Maggie crying in the house (Karen was gone). So, I thought, there hasn't been a breeze today, I can run and see what's going on. Sure enough, nothing was wrong with Maggie and I returned to see a long piece of hardi broken on the ground. So, I cut a bunch of extra peices to cover what the broken piece was supposed to cover. Then, while installing another piece, I realized I forgot my drill and so I propped up and protected it with the ladder in case it blew over like the other one while I went to go get my drill. This board blew over and slammed into the ladder and broke a hole through the middle. It figured. Needless to say, I got it put together.

No comments: